Expression of Giving WARN, SURPRISE and ADVICE.
Expression of Giving WARN, SURPRISE and ADVICE.
Members of Group:
1. Uray Ria Aprini
2. Faramitha Rahayu
3. Tania Noviyanti
4. Sekar Arum Widyasari
XI IPA 1
WARN
1. You must not break the rules.
2. Please, don't...
3. I warn you not to...
4. Don't do that.
5. Don't...
6. Watch Out!
7. Be Careful!
8. Just beware of...
9 .Look out!
10. Make sure you don't.
11. Mind you don't....
12. I'm warning you...
13. I must warn you that...
SURPRISE
Neutral:
1. That's very surprising
2. Really?
3. Is she/he?
4. That is a surprise
5. What a surprise
6. Good heavens
7. That's amazing / extraordinary!
8. My Goodness!
Informal:
1.What?
2. No! I don't believe it!
3. Are you serious?
4. Oh, No!
5. Fantastic!
6. Fancy that.
7. You are kidding.
8. Wow!
Formal:
1. I find that very surprising.
2. I must say it surprises me
3. I find it extraordinary
4. Indeed?
5. How very surprising.
ADVICE:
1. You should take some exercises
2. You ought to eat more fruits and vegetables
3. Why don't you go jogging?
4. How about eating less sugary foods/drinks?
5. You should be patient
(For stronger advice, you can use "must" or "have to")
5. You must see a doctor.
6. You have to take care about your healthy
(Using suggest and recommend)
7. I suggest taking a holiday
8. I suggest you to take a holiday
9. I recommended you going to bed earlier
10. I recommended you go to bed earlier
(Using Imperatives)
11. Star going to the gym
12. Stop drinking so much alcohol
13. Try cycling to work
(We took some examples from books and some blogs)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar